Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Get Regular Car Detailing, A Lesson I Learned the Hard Way:

In simple words, it is the thorough cleaning of your vehicle from inside and outside. Detailing is more elaborate than a regular car wash. Car wash is just cleaning the vehicle to remove dirt while detailing involves complete restoration and fixation. Regular detailing of your car is really important, I learned it the hard way. I worked as a 6th-grade teacher for a while and I used to drive a Honda accord (do not judge I was a middle school teacher). Apart from the low social status of my car, I did not get the time to get my car detailed, which made it look even worse. I was working full time and working on my Thesis, it was chaos and it never occurred to me that people were actually judging me for the car I drove.


One day when reached wok and parked the car on my usual spot, I noticed a group of girls pointing towards me and giggling. Anyone who has had experience with middle schoolers, know that they can be vicious beings. I could instantly feel something was off. As I entered the school, I saw flyers all over the place with a picture of my car and an appeal to donate money for getting the vehicle cleaned. “You all have seen this thing parked outside the school and with just $5 you can help a sis get her car cleaned” was what the text read exactly. To say the least, I was piqued. That was a stressful day and turning into corridors of school felt like a walk of shame, it felt like reliving my high school experience all over again (in my late 20s). before this, I never bothered acknowledging weird looks of my colleagues regarding my car but this was a whole new level of embarrassment and I had to address it (whether I wanted or not).

I wanted to throw my car away and get a new one instantly but hey, we all can’t have everything we want. So I found a middle way, getting thorough detailing of my car. The first thing I did after coming home was searching for a reliable and economical car detailing in MD. Google showed me at least 17 results, I had to narrow down my results by checking the websites of these services and asking for quotes. Tbh I didn’t want to pay a big amount for my car but still wanted to get it fixed (so it could be called a car again). Five of these services got back to me within two hours. I called one that mentioned they could come over and do the detailing at my home. I booked an appointment for the same day, two guys came over within 35 minutes, with all the required equipment. They used the garden hose for plugging in the power wash and cleaned up all the dirt and oil from the external surface. Then vacuumed the seats and interior of the car. Removed dents and scratches and waxed the surface. Repaired the wheels and waxed the tires. After 3 hours, when I looked at my car, it was completely transformed. The total bill of this magical car detailing MD was just $285. Capital Detailing is one of the most economical, skilled car detailing services in Maryland, and their staff was extremely nice. And the next day I drove my car (with confidence) to my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment